MTM center area framed!

I decided I was never going to finish Medieval Town Mandala in its current state. After it got stained with wood varnish, then had the stains removed by bleaching, then was tea stained to hide the bleached areas… it simply lost its antique white and blues crisp prettiness. The tea staining meant the colours of the center part would be darker than the rest and not as bright. Which would require a further tea staining at the end. I didn’t like how the fabric and threads looked after staining. Add that to the fact that I was not sure how the fabric would survive all the rough handling, I lost any desire to finish it.

I ripped out the unfinished section, leaving visible lighter areas where the stitches prevented the tea from staining the fabric as much, cut up the fabric, washed it, ironed it and framed it.

For anyone curious about what it would have looked liked finished, take a look here.

WIP before the staining disaster:

Pre-framing:

Framed:

I am actually happy with how it looks framed. Now I just need to decide if I have the heart to purchase the materials again and start over!

Advertisements