Wedding Ring Pocket

During March and into the first half of April, I worked on a different design, something to carry my friend’s wedding rings. I knew exactly what colours to use. This time I had the limitation that it needed to fit in the best man’s pocket. The original design turned out to be too large. On the final weekend before I had to post it to Australia (from Germany), I finally settled for something truly simple. I posted it on Monday of the week when most of Europe’s airports shutdown due to the Icelandic volcano eruption. I still can not believe that it made it on time for the wedding!

I think you will recognize the basic design… Needless to say, I will be stitching this one again for myself!

And here are a couple more views of it:

It is interesting to design with constrains in mind. Balancing between creativity and certain set limits can be frustrating. Yet, when the piece is finished I get an enormous sense of satisfaction.

I finished the pocket using some fabric I purchased at the Dutch Cloth Market in Ludwigsburg. This is an event that takes place twice a year. My little girl is starting to enjoy visiting the market too…

Advertisements